Friday 4 November 2011

Research

Here is a list of film openings I am going to watch to studying very closely, analyse and hopefully gain inspiration from for my final film title opening sequence.

Fight Club (1999)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1985)
Some Like It Hot (1959)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
True Grit (2010)
Beetlejuice (1988)
The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
Psycho(1960)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
The Dark Knight (2008)

I have chosen these films because they are all quite different genres from one another so I can investigate into different genre codes and conventions in opening titles. These films I have selected are from a range of different years so I can also investigate if film opening titles have changed over the years and if they have- how?
In these analyses I will be looking at the camera angles and shots, the use of sound, the mise-en-scene and the editing of the titles.
Though my final production must last a maximum of 2 minutes, most of the film titles I am going to be looking at will last longer than this because most are big budget films, have long durations of films all together and a longer production schedule than A Level coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment